Menu Close

A Community Of Ryman-type Setter Enthusiasts

Northeast Gathering

The Ryman Setters Forum Forums Ryman-Type Setters Northeast Gathering

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jason Richards
      Participant

So here we are in Nova Scotia, 3 friends who all have Ryman Setters, gathered for a couple weeks to adventure with our dogs, tell stories, laugh, eat and fish for Atlantic Salmon.  Our own way of continuing a tradition and making memories.

The girls

From right to left Sean Graham and Brierly of Twombley Setters, Pete Danio with his 2 girls Addie of Parker Hollow Setters and Grace of Dark Hollow and Jason Richards with Skye of Firelight Setters.

Comfy in the camper

Cozy in the camper.

Addie with her first grouse!

We have a great time together, I can’t wait to do it all again.

Katie O’Donnell
        Participant

Great photos!  Looks like quite a crew and sounds like you guys know how to have a fun time.  🙂

brddggr
          Participant

I was just in Nova Scotia doing an Acadia history tour with my wife who is a Cajun from Louisiana. I had my dogs along as we were headed to the Michigan Ryman setter owners gathering after Nova Scotia. Are you guys Canadian or did you have a Canadian guide? I wanted to hunt grouse, but nonresidents must have a Canadian guide.

Also, did you salmon fish on the Margaree? I really wanted to do that, but ran out of time.

Nova Scotia is beautiful, and I would love to go back some day.

Jason Richards
            Participant

Oh to have posted sooner you might have seen this and been able to join us!  Sean and I are Canadian local here in NS, we get a guides permit to take Pete who is from Mass.  We did not fish the Margaree as there was good water in areas closer to us in Antigonish.  Sean does spend many days on the Margaree each year.  If anyone is ever in our neck of the woods please feel free to contact us we would be more than happy to meet up.  Our bucket list is to make the trip to Michigan Ryman Setters meeting.

brddggr
              Participant

Jason, could you send me an email? I’d love to correspond with you more about this. My email address is ray_mule@yahoo.com.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Ryman Setters Forum