Menu Close

A Community Of Ryman-type Setter Enthusiasts

Puppy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bentley&Winston
      Participant

We have owned (5) setters, (2) Lavericks, (1) Llewellyn and (2) Rymans. Currently have (1) Laverick and am looking for a Ryman pup to replace the brother that passed about two years ago. We live in Upstate NY, north of Buffalo on Lake Ontario and would like to find a breeder within 4-5 hours of our home. Wondering if anyone would be having any puppies available for this Spring or Summer?? Thank You, Kathy Reid

October Setters
        Keymaster

Hi Kathy,
          I’ve been watching to see if you got an answer. I think the problem is limiting yourself to a small area. Chances of finding the right puppy that close to home probably aren’t good- there aren’t very many Ryman-type breeders in the country, especially if you only consider breeders who are proving their dogs and doing good health clearances. I recommend expanding your search a bit. Maybe contact all of the RymanSetters.com breeder members who are in East and Midwest to see what they may have coming up.
          Lisa

FredLauer
          Participant

Kathy,
            Just seeing your post as regrettably have not been on the board in a while.   We may have one (female) pup available very soon, from a recent litter, as one buyer still hasn’t committed. 
            If youre interested, let me know.   October Cider (OFA hips excellent/elbows normal/thyroid normal) x Good Going Griffin (OFA hips good/elbows normal). 
            Pups BAER tested.

As a side note, will only be selling to hunting homes.

Fred

Fred, do you have any pups at this point? I might send a bird hunter your way. JC

FredLauer
            Participant

JC, will contact you tomorrow.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Ryman Setters Forum